Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Kroger Private Selection Upside Down Cakes


  • Available in three decadent varieties:
  • German Chocolate Fudge – chocolate fudge cake topped with caramel, coconut and pecan frosting
  • Double Chocolate Molten – moist chocolate cake topped with molten chocolate
  • Amber Honey Apple Spice – cinnamon spiced cake topped with apple slices and honey glaze
  • Made with premium ingredients, including real butter, fine chocolates and fruits, just like homemade
  • Only minutes to prepare – just warm, flip & serve
  • You’ll find them in the bakery section of the Kroger family of stores

  •  
     The cake that I picked up at my Local Kroger store was the Double Chocolate Molten cake.

     The directions were very simple to follow: warm the cake in the oven for 12 minutes (or microwave for 3). Then flip the cake onto a serving plate and watch all the toppings drip over the sides. and that is exactly what I did (microwave version). Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take a picture before everyone devoured the cake. I did at least get a picture of my piece with my vanilla ice cream cream.

    After flipping the cake over the cakes appearance was bakery case quality. The texture of the cake was more like a dense brownie rather then cake, but to me the texture went great with the chocolate glaze. The cake also had a brownie taste but it was not as sweet. As far as the chocolate glaze it was more like a dark chocolate, together they were the perfect combination. In my opinion this cake would be great for any get together.

    My Possible Serving Suggestions

    • Sprinkle some chopped nuts on top.
    • Drizzle with melted peanut butter.
    • Swirl caramel on top.
    • Drizzle with melted marshmallow fluff.
    • Sprinkle with crushed cookies.
    • Sprinkle with chopped candy bars.
    • eat with the ice cream of your choice.

    Be sure to visit privateselection.com and download your own coupon for $1 or $2 off Private Selection Upside Down Cakes!

    I am a BzzAgent and received these products(and coupons) from BzzAgent.com for review at no cost to me. I receive no monetary compensation for my open and unbiased review. The purpose of BzzAgents is to generate word of mouth sharing of information about the products offered by both familiar and unfamiliar companies.

    3 comments:

    1. Oh that just sounds delicious! Making my so hungry now xx
      http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

      ReplyDelete
    2. german chocolate upside down cake was amazing and looked fabulous thanks to ohhletmesee.

      ReplyDelete
    3. yummm! this makes me want to try that! i love dessert...all day every day. So happy I stumbled across your blog. Its so cute! Hope you can swing by mine sometime... Annddd I am your newest follower! Hey-o!

      xo,
      Kelsey Belle

      www.happiereading.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete