Tuesday, February 26, 2013

MorningStar Farms® veggie burgers


I was given the opportunity to try MorningStar Farms® veggie burgers through Bzzagent.com. The simple thought of a burger with out meat in it sound a bit off putting to me. I'd like to think that I'm a pretty brave person so, I headed to the store and picked up the MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers.

MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers
It's savory, a little smoky, best grilled and served on a bun, then topped with whatever makes your mouth water.
  • 170 calories, 17g protein, 39% less fat*
*MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers (71g) contain 9g fat per serving, compared with regular ground beef (71g) containing 15g fat per serving.

The burgers are pretty simple to prepare:
  • Skillet: 7-7 ½ minute
  • Microwave: Until heated thoroughly
  • Grill: Internal temp of 165°F
I Prepared my burger with:
  • Tri-Color Bell peppers
  • A sprinkle of garlic powder
  • Sharp Cheddar
  • Mustard
  • Mayo
Before adding my toppings I decided to taste the burger pattie so that I could give my honest opinion on the taste compared to a traditional burger. The flavor of the pattie alone tasted like a burger but with a slight flavor that I couldn't identify. Once I added my topping the MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers taste exactly like a regular burger. I would definitely recommend this burger to anyone looking to try something new or looking to cut calories.

If my topping aren't your style be sure to check out the MorningStar Farms® website for all of the meatless possibilities.

https://www.morningstarfarms.com/recipes


I am a BzzAgent and received these products(and coupons) from BzzAgent.com for review at no cost to me. I receive no monetary compensation for my open and unbiased review. The purpose of BzzAgents is to generate word of mouth sharing of information about the products offered by both familiar and unfamiliar companies.

9 comments:

  1. Hi dear! I just found your blog and I love it ..great post! ...would you like to follow each other?
    http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, I'm on the way to check out your blog now!

      Delete
  2. thank you for following..im following you now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweety! This is such a amazing post to observe! Utterly like it! Are we following yet? If not then let's follow via gfc, bloglovin, lookbook and facebook! Let me know! Stop by me soon!xx

    With love ♥
    www.fashionholicsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweety! Thanks for responding and following! Following you back straight away now! Stop by me soon again! xx

    With love ♥.
    www.fashionholicsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so good! I buy them all of the time.
    Jillian - PS, if you have a moment, I'd love to invite you to check out the giveaway we're hosting for a $50.00 giftcard to Shabby Apple!
    http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/2013/03/shabby-apple-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete