Saturday, November 17, 2012

NYC New York Color Individual Eyes Custom Compact

NYC New York Color's all-in-one compact gives you everything you need for a complete eye look: primer, illuminator, applicator and complementing shadows. With four vibrant colors designed for your eye color, you can create a look as individual as you are!  
 
The retail price for this compact is $4.99
at drug store chains nationwide.  
 
 
I applied the base and eye shadow as I normally would. The base went on smoothly. The eye shadow also went on nicely, and the colors showed up very well. The base is suppose to prolong the life of the eye shadow and prevent creasing. Unfortunately it didn't, after about 3 hours I had all kinds of creasing in the shadow. At the end of the day I wiped most of the shadow away with just tissue. 90% of it came off  and the other 10 %  I removed with soap and water.
 
Overall I would purchase this compact again because the colors showed up really well,
 even though the shadow base didn't work.
 
Check Out New York Color


I received these products(and coupons) from Influenster for review at no cost to me. I receive no monetary compensation for my open and unbiased review. The purpose of Influenster is to generate word of mouth sharing of information about the products offered by both familiar and unfamiliar companies

13 comments:

  1. Hmmm, sorry it didn't work out too well for you. I got the custom compact for brown eyes. The primer worked fine for me. The only thing I would say is a con about my palette, is that the colors aren't pigmented enough for my taste. So I would recommend it for people who are new to makeup, or don't like a lot of color on their eyes. Did you use that applicator it came with? I certainly didn't! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked the colors that were in my compact..lol. I didn't use the applicator either, I used my own brushes. I added a picture to my post that shows the shadows when applied.

      Delete
  2. IDEK why they still make those sponge applicators! They are just so ridiculous!! Hahahah! The colors in your compact are definitely more pigmented. I wonder how the colors in the ones for green eyes or blue are as regards pigmentation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing........but I haven't seen any reviews on them.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I love your blog, so I’m a new follower!
    I invite you to my blog, I hope you like it!!
    http://cristalips.blogspot.com.es/
    Kisses ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this really pops on you!

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    Why not check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I'm little K. I'm a fashion blogger from Japan and post high fashion, collection, and sometimes my own look plus people who I though was attractive. I take pictures sometimes and hope you will come and visit my blog sometime:) Please follow if you like my blog, thanks for taking your time and hope you stop by!

    little K.
    http://lilkfashionista.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds cool I'll be sure to stop by and check it out.

      Delete
  6. I was thinking about this product and could not decide if I should buy it but it looks pretty cool so maybe I will give it a try. Thanks for the information. Your have a lovely blog by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete