Thursday, October 11, 2012

Maybelline Turbo Volume Express Mascara Review!!

I was at the store and decided to go on a stroll through the cosmetics department. While strolling the Maybelline Turbo Volume Express Mascara caught my eye. I picked it up in 251 very black. The packaging states that you get 7 times the volume, and that's what really peaked my attention. Lets see if it works. 
 
Here how it was packaged.
 
This is how the bottle looks.
(I'm loving the bottle!)
 
The brush is the run of the mill average size brush.

These are my lashes without mascara.

This is after applying the mascara.
( My lashes are sparse but the mascara makes them stand out more.)

My Opinion

Overall I think that the mascara makes my lashes look a little thicker. There were a few clumps. The mascara did flake a little and ended up in my eye and that wasn't fun. The mascara is not waterproof so I didn't have a problem taking it off with baby whips. I spent less than $8 on this mascara so its reasonably priced.
 
Have you ever tried this mascara and if you have how do you feel about it?

18 comments:

  1. Good review. Ive not tried this mascara but after reading your review I thin I will stick to the one I'm using at the moment.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still on the look out for a new mascara, what kind do you use?

      Delete
  2. I'm currently using this mascara and I too think it lumps so I end up taking a lot of the mascara off of the brush or using another brush all together when applying it so it doesn't have that clumpy/lumpy look! GREAT review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You....I'm gonna have to try that.

      Delete
  3. Lovely and I'm following :) I hope you can follow me back

    www.mylovelyfashionstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping through I'm now following you.

      Delete
  4. I follow you, I really liked your blog.
    Stop by mine if you want.
    Ire.
    whileinspireme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your blog so I'm now following you also. Thanks for stopping through.

      Delete
  5. Great review! Thanks for sharing! You have a nice blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur welcome and thanks for checking out my review. I would love to check out your blog.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much sweetie!!!! I’m following you back now :)
      Unfortunately you haven't “bloglovin”, but if you decide to add it on your blog, please let me know, and we can follow each other there as well, it's an easier way to keep in touch ;)
      Hope you have a wonderful sunday<3

      x♥x♥

      "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




      Delete
  6. Great review, I'm on search of perfect mascara right now, so it was useful!

    Would you like to follow each other?
    Just let me know :)

       xx
       Tali
       www.Fetishists-Notes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You and I would love for us to follow each other......headed to your blog now.

      Delete
  7. So i love trying out mascaras and soo far i only use 3:
    >Maybelline "the falsies" volum' express
    >NYC show time
    >Urban Decay supercurl curling

    The maybelline one i use does not have any clumps :-) overall good review..i definitely have to follow you :-)

    http://tropical-amazon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, I think I wanna try The Falsies next.

      Delete
  8. I love mascaras!

    *hugs*
    -Maudleen
    www.dafashionfreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HAVE 2 OF THESE MASACARAS... MEGA PLUSH, AND THE FALSIES. I LOVE THEM! :)

    “I followed you...follow me back?” :0)
    http://sweeneestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola from LipglossAffairs..
    Nice review.. i like the way it made your lashes look thicker!! though flaky part and not being waterproof is not appealing...
    thanks for dropping by and following me..
    following you back ^.^

    Sangy
    www.lipglossaffairs.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete